At the time of writing, 15th March 2020, the Church of England guidance on Coronavirus is as follows:
- All must wash hands or use hand sanitiser upon entry to church. The sidespeople/welcomers will advise you where to do this as you arrive.
- There will be no use of the common cup (chalice) for the administration of wine. The presiding priest will receive wine on behalf of all the congregation and everyone else will receive only the wafer/bread. Communicants are encouraged to stand to receive communion, to avoid contact with the rail.
- The Church of England commends good hygiene in the preparation and administration of Holy Communion, so that the President (and any others administering the bread) will use a hand sanitizer immediately before the preparation of the table and administration of the bread.
- Until further notice, the exchange of the Peace will not include a time of shaking hands etc. Collection plates will not be handed round, a plate will be available for your offering at the end of the service.
- Catering is suspended (teas, coffees etc.) where multiple people touch mugs, utensils and foodstuffs. Refreshments will not be served before/after services. Saturday Morning Coffee Morning at the Boys’ Sunday School is suspended until further notice.
Some groups and events may be cancelled – we will issue updates on cancellations via social media/the website/ weekly notice sheets. If you are unsure if a service/event/group is going to be going ahead and can’t find any information on this please contact Rachel on 07545 516949 (between 9 and 6pm). Don’t forget you can sign up to receive the notice sheet by email. Contact Rachel on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 07545 516949 to be added to the notice sheet by email list.
At the time of writing Tadcaster Flood Action Group were setting up a community group to coordinate helping those in need during the Coronavirus outbreak. We believe that it is important to have one central point of co-ordination rather than lots of separate groups replicating each other. Therefore, the plan at the time of writing is that we will be working in close partnership with this group. If you are self-isolating and worried about getting shopping/ prescriptions/ caring for pets or simply need someone to ring you to speak to you – please contact Rachel on 07545 516949 who will be the main point of contact for the Benefice.